In the old era, CD/DVD was the most common method to install the operating system. This operating system image was burned into CD/DVD and the installed was done via CD/DVD. Nowadays USB or Flash Drives are a common and easy method to install an operating system, like Linux, window, mint, etc.
There are lots of software available in the market to create a bootable USB or flash drive. Among those software Rufus is the world’s most popular and easiest one. It contains many features to burn the ISO file into USB or Flash drive.
The requirement for creating bootable USB or Flash Drive
- Rufus tool
- Operating System ISO
- USB or Flash Drive
Rufus is easy to use and a very simple tool. It is a free and open-source portable software that helps to create USB or Flash drive bootable for the operating system.
Rufus can be download from different platforms. Rufus commonly used for Windows operating system. You can be downloaded from the following link.
Download Rufus From Here
Download Operating System ISO
You can be downloaded any operating system form any platform it all depends on your need. We’ll provide you a few operating systems download links from their official website.
Download Window 10 ISO From Here
Download Ubuntu ISO From Here
Rufus is the easiest till with a single screen. All the setup and operation has done on a single screen.
let’s explain the whole process.
- Device Properties is the area that shows the source and destination drive related options.
- Device is the destination device where the USB Flash drive will burn the ISO.
- Boot selection is the type of boot style here you select the ISO file.
- Select is the button that helps to select the ISO file.
- Persistent Partition Size is shown to you the size persistent during boot via USB.
- Partition Scheme is the partition scheme which can be MBR or GTP depend on your PC.
- Target System is a type of BIOS that depend on MBR OR GTP.
- Show Advanced Drive Properties will provide you some advanced options.
- Format Options is the area that shows the label, file system related option.
- Volume Label will help you to set the name for the media.
- File System will help you to set the file system of USB.
- Cluster Size will help you to set the size of a cluster of the USB.
- Status will show you the progress bar of USB Creation.
Process To Create the Bootable USB
First, you need to launch the Rufus tool and insert the USB Flash drive into your computer. Keep it remember if your USB contains any data you should back the data.
So you will see the ‘DEVICE’ option on the interface. You need to select your USB into the Device drop-down menu. After that, you need to select an ISO file in ‘Boot Selection’ by Select button.
After selection you will some default setting will apply. Don’t change the ‘Image option‘ set that as default. So now you need to require to choose MBR to ‘Partition Scheme‘ for BIOS or UEFI Computers in ‘Target system‘ or GTP to ‘Partition Scheme’ for UFEL Computers in the ‘Target system‘.
Here you complete the Drive properties section now come to Format Options section.
Firstly you can see ‘Volume Label‘ in format options you can change the label of your USB from here. Under the “File system” and “Cluster size” option don’t need to change, leave the default settings.
We prefer to use the given set up in the following picture.
In the ‘Advanced Option‘ check the “Quick Format” and “Create extended label and icon files“. After completing all the configuration click the start. You will get the popup with a message click the OK button.
The whole process easy completed by having any problem. After completed you can check to your USB from file manager.
We hope this tutorial helped you to learn how to display social share button in WordPress if you have any queries feel free to comment you can also communicate with us on social media.
If you like this tutorial, then please follow us on Facebook